There are SO many benefits of signing with your hearing baby/child!
- It’s FUN!
- Signing opens a window into your child’s mind and personality.
- Naturally builds on a child’s early ability and tendency to use gestures.
- You can create an excellent two-way communication before your baby has developed the oral skills to do so.
- Reduces the frustration for the child and caregiver.
- Reduces tantrums due to frustrations and being misunderstood.
- Enhances and expands a child’s vocabulary.
- Helps with future literacy.
- Promotes freedom of expression.
- Increases concentration levels.
- Builds confidence.
- Enhances verbal skills.
- Promotes early vocabulary building.
- Enables your little one to sign and express words they are not yet capable of pronouncing.
Also in childcare settings:
- Reduces classroom noise levels.
- Lowers incidences of biting.
- Signs such as STOP, GENTLE and SHARE help toddlers learn how to play together and interact more cooperatively.
- Signing children seem to be more interested in stories and books.